The seven C’s of Resilience is essential in coping with stress we encounter in our lives. Healthy ways of dealing with stress includes fostering one of the seven. Namely:
- Competence: the ability to handle a situation effectively
- Confidence: Believing in your personal abilities
- Connection: Having strong ties to family and community, creating a sense of belonging
- Character: having a solid set of morals and values to help determine right from wrong
- Contribution: feeling like a valuable member of society able to make a difference
- Coping: ability to handle stress appropriately
- Control: knowledge and ability to effect an outcome
It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to first principles of hope and enjoyment.”
The seven C’s of Resilience
That said, all there is to do is try, and don’t make excuses.
In other words, resilience is a respected skill. Those who possess it tend to believe that they can act upon all of their life events; In addition, to having a tendency of wanting to finding a purpose in life.
Furthermore, they have a strong belief that they can learn from both positive and negative experiences. In becoming strong and bouncing back from losses encountered in your lifetime can be as simple as that.