Beating A Dead Horse
Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, government bureaucracies often try other strategies with dead horses, including the following:
1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Saying things like “This is the way we always have ridden this horse.”
4. Arranging to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
5. Increasing the standards to ride dead horses.
6. Appointing a committee to study the dead horse.
7. Waiting for the horse’s condition to improve from this temporary downturn.
8. Providing additional training to increase riding ability.
9. Passing legislation declaring “This horse is not dead.”
10. Blaming the horse’s parents.
11. Acquiring additional dead horses for increased speed.
12. Declaring that “No horse is too dead to beat.”
13. Providing additional funding to increase the horse’s performance.
14. Commissioning a study to see if private contractors can ride it cheaper.
15. Removing all obstacles in the dead horse’s path.
16. Taking bids for a state-of-the art dead horse.
17. Declaring the horse is “better, faster and cheaper” dead.
18. Revising the performance requirements for horses.
19. Saying the horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.
20. Raising taxes (any excuse will do).
And if all else fails:
- Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position
- The Coronavirus Bailout Stalled. And It’s Mitch McConnell’s Fault.
Senate Republicans are blocking passage of an economic bailout plan that protects jobs and wages.Read more here
- Trump predicts ‘this is going to be bad’ but vows to reopen America
(CNN) President Donald Trump appears to have made his choice in the awful dilemma posed by the– whether to destroy the nation’s economic foundation in order to save lives.
In his zeal to fire up American prosperity after helping to trigger an unprecedented self-inflicted economic meltdown, Trump is already losing patience — weeks before the virus may peak.”Our country was not built to be shut down,” the President warned on Monday. “We are going to be opening up our country for business because our country was meant to be open.””We are going to get it all going again very soon,” he said, without setting a timeline — though he previously called for rethinking the White House’s guidance on social distancing next week. Read more here
A person who fabricates a hoax relies upon people’s ignorance.
Who—is such a person…
President Donald Trump initially proclaimed that Democrats were using the coronavirus as a “hoax” to damage him and his administration.
“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” he said from a campaign rally.”
“One of my people came up to me and said ‘Mr. President they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well.’ They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax that was on a perfect conversation.”
Some of you need to open your eyes and change your mindset—People are dying all over the world.
That’s a fact—not a hoax.
My Dead Horse Point of View.Follow me